About | Careers
Embvue's engineering centre in Montreal is a leading Canadian R&D hub at the forefront of aerospace avionics technology and development responsible for innovation, engineering, and delivery across an increasing array of Embvue products and services with worldwide impact.
We need engineers to work on both embedded and desktop development projects. Embvue attracts individuals with strong ideas, to efficiently liaise with the client project team, take ideas to implementation and present work to clients.
Intermediate/Senior Software Engineer
The successful candidate will join Embvue's embedded development group as an accomplished individual contributor. Design and development of new embedded systems features, and maintain current functionality. This role requires a breadth of knowledge and experience in real-time application development on PowerPC and x86 processors, DSP internals, bus architectures, device drivers.
Responsibilities:The duties of the Intermediate Software Engineer will include:
- Contributing to the software high-level requirements and design of the software
- Coding/testing real-time software applications in C or C++ for embedded systems
- Developing, troubleshooting and testing under multiple RTOS
- Writing code for network protocols and interfaces
- Writing test cases/procedures
- Developing drivers, BSP, firmware and boot loader software for different hardware types
- Writing technical documentation (requirement, design documentation, ICD's).
Education / Training :
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Computer engineering, Computer Science or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years C, C++ , Assembler programming
- Minimum 5 years experience with RTOS, and real-time software development
- Minimum 5 years experience with embedded systems, Linux Kernels, libraries and applications
- Hardware knowledge: FPGA design, VHDL programming, PowerPC and X86 architecture, experience with typical switch hardware (packet processing)
- Experience with Board Support Package (BSP) development
- Experience in core TCP/IP, UDP/IP and SNMP/MIB software development, networking interfaces, routing protocols and VoIP
- Experience with VxWorks, Integrity or similar safety critical RTOS
- Experience with software configuration management and requirement management tools
- Experience with process oriented software development (i.e. IEEE, DO-178B, DO-254, Def-Std 55-56, etc.)
- Scripting languages (Perl, Python) and SQL
- Network calculus, analysis, modeling experience
- Highly motivated, dynamic, organized and creative
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Canadian citizenship.
Contact Human Resources at
Embvue offers exciting and challenging career opportunities within a positive, team-oriented work environment.
We are particularly interested in hearing from highly motivated individuals with Windows and embedded software development experience.
Other applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position which requires a minimum 5 year consecutive residence in Canada.